photo like-home.jpg   photo like-about.jpg   photo like-contact.jpg

Monday, July 22, 2013

I like Beach Camping - La Push, Washington


La Push, WA - yes, like the place where steamy Jacob the werewolf runs to rescue Bella's life after she jumps into the icy cold waters below (which come to find out are actually pretty warm and its the air that is so icy).  Personally I'm team Jacob all the way so this scene always seemed right in the world of romance to me.  Obvi, the L-O-V-E between a vampire and human is just way to hard.  #DUH  Hope you Twilight people actually remember this - it's total literary genius.  this is sarcasm.


Regardless of your feelings of Twilight this place is stunningly beautiful.  AND...my tan man is way hotter than that werewolf.  Also, it was Nick and I's first camping trip.  (subtext - super romantic).  Did we beach camp?  Yes.  We started on the beach, bonfired on the beach,...and then when we decided it was too cold  and built a bed in the back of my SUV.  Still counts in my book!  So let me explain La Push.  I hate to compare it but given its smooth beach with jutting rocks you can't help but compare it to it's more infamous PNW beach - Canon Beach, Oregon.  That said, La Push is still owned by Native American's and is extremely un-commercialized.  It feels primitive - untouched.  As if you're the first one to have found it.  Me and Columbus - just finding new places to get our feet wet.  Once you arrive, there is a lot of talk about which beach is the most beautiful.  Almost everyone will tell you SECOND BEACH is the most beautiful.  However, if you want to surf - THIRD BEACH has the best waves.  Yet, FIRST BEACH is where you can park and RV/Car and walk along a mile of beach with kids.  
We scored the lottery as it was super duper warm.  78 degrees warm.  It is pretty breezy at night but the day is spectacular.  It gave us lots of time to climb, hike, get in the water, drink some coronas on a blanket, and think about going for a hike.  

We hiked to another section of the beach that is known as the HOH Rain Forrest.  It's trees are unlike any I'd seen (they're not Redwoods PNW'ers!) they're odd rain forrest looking trees!  One of my fave parts of camping is the s'mores - ahem, I mean the campfire.  We made these awesome Hobo's full of steak, mushrooms, peppers, and fingerling potatoes topped with this incredible marinade.  You throw that into the fire and voila!...dinner.  That, some s'mores and 2 cases of Corona's and you've got yourself a pretty great camp trip. 



Nick had some leftover glowsticks from his party days that made a pretty romantic corona candlelight dinner.  Ambience...haha!  But truthfully, those stars - they were really all we need.  They were absolutely stunning.  I'd forgotten how much I truly enjoy camping.  I'd say we got the bug and are ready for more!  Great time to dream about our adventures ahead...








 photo like-sig.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment